Saturday, May 8, 2010

Monthly Devotional- May 2010

Getting through the storms of life…

When the wind blows, and the rain comes down, God alone is your refuge and shelter from the storm.
...God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Psalm 46:1
…And there will be a shelter to give shade from the heat by day, and refuge and protection from the storm and the rain. Isaiah 4:6


In the midst of the storm, remember to trust God in all things.
…He only is my rock and my salvation, My stronghold; I shall not be greatly shaken. Psalm 62:2
…My times are in thy hand. Psalm 31:15


God is our anchor, our place of peace and calm. He strengthens us when tossed about in the storm.
…Thy word I have treasured in my heart. Psalm 119:11
…Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives, do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful. John 14:27


How will you respond to the storm?
…Therefore I have hope. The Lord’s loving kindness indeed never ceases, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Thy faithfulness. Lamentations 3: 21-23

Scripture to Remember: Choose one (or more) from above.

Question to Consider: Will I respond or react to the storm in my life?

Prayer: Lord, you have equipped me for the storm in my life through your word and your promises. I will run to you for refuge and shelter. I will trust you in all things. You are my anchor, my rock. I will not be shaken. Great is your faithfulness! Amen

Thought for the Day: Today I will put my hope and trust in You, Oh Lord!

-Susan Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment