Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Heart Notes from Susan

My dear friends,

Most of you know that I have a soft spot in my heart for military wives who keep the home fires burning while their husbands are deployed. I have traveled near and far to love on them, encourage them, and share God's word of hope. Listening to their stories, holding them in my arms, and praying for them is a treasure that I hold most dear. Even now, I can see their faces clearly in my mind -some etched with smiles, a persevering spirit, and the determination to push through another day without their man; while some are etched with tears, weariness, and fear that he might not come home.

Military wives are always anticipating another move and leaving behind a close network of friends who are often a support to each other. Time and time again, they leave the familiar to face the unfamiliar. To read about military wives in an article, or hear about their hardships on the news is one thing, but the privilege to be up close and personal with them brings me to my knees with the reality of their circumstances.

I received an email this week from one of my military friends, who asked our ministry to pray for her. She is already in my prayers, and in the arms of our prayer team. Will you join us in praying for my friend, and for all military spouses?

Here are some ways you can pray along with me:

For those who are grieving over the death of a spouse.

For those who are physically and emotionally exhausted, weary, and overwhelmed.

For hurting hearts and broken relationships.

For those who are lonely and afraid.

For daily encouragement.

For strength when facing another move.


For peace and contentment in their circumstances.

For trusting God in all things and for all things.

For Godly friendships.

For a grateful heart.

For those who do not know Jesus.

I am grateful for you as we join together across the miles to prayerfully support the women who serve on the home front while their husbands serve our country, both home and abroad.

From My Heart to Yours,
Susan Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment