Sunday, May 15, 2011

May Devotional

Ever felt weary, worn-out, and frazzled, with a desperate need for relief?

Whether you are a stay-at-home mom, work outside the home, single or married - the stress of moving can easily overcome you at times. It is obvious that women carry a heavy load in the moving process-from packing and unpacking, to getting a house in order, to starting a new job. Add to that the loss of relationships, loneliness, and the feeling of being disconnected, and it can be overwhelming. You simply feel like you've gotten lost in the shuffle of moving-and life.

Sometimes when your load is heavy, you become too busy and distracted from the one thing that will restore and renew you - resting in Jesus. Oh, my moving friends, unpack God's word in your heart! Run to the shelter of His arms by taking everything to Him in prayer. Rest in Him, rely on His strength, not your own.

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Drawing closer to God is a vital part of taking care of yourself before and after a move. Physically, you can feel exhausted. Emotionally, you can feel drained. Spiritually, you can feel dry. Come near to God and He will come near to you. James 4:8

God will restore, refresh, and renew you as you surrender all to Him. He restores my soul. Psalm 23:3

Scripture to Remember: Yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles. They will run and not get tired. They will walk and not become weary. Isaiah 40:31

Question to Consider: Am I taking care of everything and everyone but myself?

Prayer: Oh God, I desperately need you! I am worn-out and weary from the heavy load I am carrying. Fill me with your presence and your peace. Give me rest and strength for each day. I run to you and yearn for your arms of comfort. Amen

Thought for the Day: Today, I will rest in Jesus!

- Susan Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment