Wednesday, May 18, 2011

May Moving Story

...a little glimpse of the Holy One at work behind the scenes...

Naomi in Arizona

Thank you for your kind and caring letter. Whenever I hear from you people, I say a hearty "Bless you!" right out loud. It's so good to have your friendship and support.

One of your Prayer Warriors has written to me, quoting many uplifting passages from scripture. How nice! I make it a point to read something inspiring and holy every day, but I seldom have received it coming right to my email inbox! Usually I have to go look for it.

My mother often said, "God moves in mysterious ways. How true that is! I sometimes get a little glimpse of the Holy One at work behind the scenes, and it fills me with thankfulness. In my relocation process, I notice these things most in the moments when I manage to relax. I'm beginning to see those all-important people connections forming. A friendly clerk in a little store, from France. I have fun practicing my rusty French conversation skills with her! A lovely welcoming spirit at the Sit and Stitch group that meets at the library. She helped me feel more "at home" here, and told me where I can go to find great yarns and fabrics for my knitting, crocheting and sewing projects.

I also saw God's magic at work in the wee hours a few nights ago. I woke up about 1am and felt wide awake. Although I almost never go outside in the middle of the night, I had an urge to go to my car to check on something, and I decided not to wait until daylight. I stepped outdoors and immediately caught my breath in wonder. There was a crystal clear sky above me, jet black and studded with bright stars and constellations -- sheer beauty and majesty! It brought tears of joy, and a sense of the presence of the Artist whose handiwork was displayed before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment