Friday, January 14, 2011

A Moving Story

From east coast to west coast... from anger to peace

Marnya, a military spouse in VA

I thank you for the recent phone call and email. I was so surprised that someone called me. I was unsure about joining the community but, now I see that this is a real community of people that truly care. I thank you so much for taking out the time to call and send me an email it made me feel like someone actually care about the transition I am about to embark on.

I am a military wife and my husband has been stationed in Japan for the last year. It has been a very hard year without my spouse, but I am home with my family and friends for support. My husband is awaiting new orders for his next duty station.

All year I have prayed that we will stay home and have been pretty much selfish about the moving thing - even angry at times. But I decided to seek God about the matter and, after all my kicking and screaming, I am at peace that we must move in order to keep the family together and not spend any more time apart.

Driving home from work one day, I heard about this ministry on a broadcast called Family Life Today. I was so surprised to hear that there was such a ministry. I thought, "Wow God, you really know what I need." It has been a month or two since that drive home and recently I decided to check out the website. The website was great and so encouraging. ...I look forward to the things to come as I transition to a new location.

The move from the east coast to the west coast is very scary, but I am trying to trust and believe God that everything will be ok.

Editor's note: Since Marnya sent in her story, she has made the move to the west coast and, while the transition has not been easy, she writes, "...it is getting easier to make friends and reach out to others. The key word is 'reach out'. I had to make myself available to make friends. I am learning to be content no matter what situation or location I am in. I am learning to trust God in everything. Thank you and the Just Moved Ministry for your prayers and support."

No comments:

Post a Comment