Friday, January 7, 2011

Monthly Devotional- Jan 2011

The fresh start you need, the second chance you yearn for, the new beginning meant just for you.

God is all about giving people a fresh start, a second chance, or a new beginning in life. Countless stories in the Bible remind us of this: Ruth and Naomi, who were given a new beginning; the woman at the well, who was given a second chance; and the prodigal son, who was given a fresh start in life.

It is reassuring to know that God can do the same thing for us today when we surrender all to Him. He is the author of forgiveness, restoration, and healing. He is calling your name. Run to Him as the New Year begins. He is waiting with open arms to welcome you and give you the fresh start you need, the second chance you yearn for, and the new beginning meant just for you.

Scripture to Remember:

Therefore if any man is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corinthians 5:17

Question to Consider:

Have I surrendered everything to God-including my heart?

Prayer:

Lord Jesus, I need you. Please come into my life and my heart today! I accept you as my Savior and Lord. Forgive me, as I have sinned against you and against others. Heal me from the hurts of my past, restore my life, and renew my heart. Amen

Thought for the Day:

Today is a fresh start, a second chance, and a new beginning for me!

-Susan Miller

The story of Ruth and Naomi is in the Old Testament in the Book of Ruth

The story of the woman at the well is in the New Testament in John 4:7-28

The story of the prodigal son is in the New Testament in Luke 15:11-32

No comments:

Post a Comment