Sunday, August 29, 2010

Devotional- Aug 2010

I think I can, I think I can...
When you are starting over there are two giant steps to take: persevere andpress on. You cannot always take these steps in your own strength, but God can equip you and enable you to do both. His word is your strength and hope.
At times you might feel like the “little engine that could” who said, “I think I can, I think I can…” as he pushed up the hill and discovered that, through perseverance, he really could make it.
For hope and perseverance that will push you up the hill, listen to what Paul says in 2 Corinthians 4:7-9: “But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the surpassing greatness of the power may be of God and not from ourselves; we are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not despairing; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed..”
Scripture to Remember: “…through perseverance and the encouragement of the scriptures we might have hope.” Romans 15:4
Question to Consider: In what situation do I need to persevere and press on?
Prayer: Oh Lord, give me a persevering spirit! Reveal through your word the encouragement and hope I need to start over.
Thought for the Day: Today, I will press on through the obstacles I am facing!
-Susan Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment