Friday, June 18, 2010

Devotional- June 2010

Take time…Make time...Spend time...
As you begin the summer months, take time to smell the flowers along the way, make time for yourself to refresh and renew, and spend time in God’s word. You can take time to smell the flowers if you stop long enough to lookfor God’s beauty in nature, and listen to His voice. You can make time for yourself by rescheduling your calendar and giving yourself permission for needed self-care and rest. You can spend time in God’s word by opening your Bible and starting now! Here are some scriptures for summer reading. Add to the list as you read your favorites.
As a deer pants for the water brooks, so my soul pants for Thee, O God. Psalm 42:1
Be strong, and let your heart take courage; yes, wait for the Lord. Psalm 27:14
In the morning, O Lord, Thou will hear my voice; in the morning I will order my prayer to Thee and eagerly watch. Psalm 5:3
The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God stands forever. Isaiah 40:8
We can be mirrors that brightly reflect the glory of the Lord, and as the spirit of the Lord works within us, we become more and more like Him. 2 Corinthians 3:18
For we walk by faith, not by sight... 2 Corinthians 5:7
And as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives! Job 19:25
Scripture to Remember: Choose one from above
Question to Consider: Will I take time, make time, and spend time in God’s word?
Prayer: Oh God, as I begin the summer, lead me to the path of rest and renewal. Along the way, let me stop, look, and listen—for you. May your word flood my heart and mind, and quench a thirst in me for you.
Thought for the Day: This is the beginning of a new day! I will rejoice and be glad in it!
-Susan Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment