Saturday, June 6, 2009

Monthly Devotional- June 2009

Help Your Kids Handle Change...

As you face the summer months with your children out of school, the routine of their day will change. Perhaps there will be a lot of other changes that will affect their lives too. You might be facing a move, maybe this is the first summer you’ve worked outside the home, or maybe you’re a single parent trying to hold it all together.

There are so many uncontrollable changes that can upset routine, and cause instability in a child’s world. Yet, how does God want us to live in midst of change? We are reminded to be consistent and unwavering in loving God, and in living out his word daily.

“And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words, which I am commanding you today, (all summer!) shall be on your heart; and you shall teach them diligently to your sons (and daughters) and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up.” Deuteronomy 6:5-7

Take the following acronym for the word change and pass it on to your children. (You will want to remember it for yourself too.)

Cling to God
He is unchanging
Always trust Him
Never give up
Great is His faithfulness
Encourage one another

Have a safe summer, make memories, and speak the name of Jesus daily!

Scripture to Remember
Deuteronomy 6:5-7 (above)

Question to Consider
Have I left God out of my daily routine?

Prayer
Oh Lord, may I never forget your faithfulness in the midst of change. You are unwavering, immovable, and unchanging in my changing world. Thank you for loving me so much that you give me all that I need through your word to be a godly mom. Amen

Thought for the Day
Today, regardless of my situation, I will live out Deuteronomy 6:5-7 for my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment