Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Moving Story

Encouragement in the midst of loss and worry...

Hi Susan,

A while back you contacted me on my answering machine after I had joined your online community. It was such a pleasure to hear your voice! Can I tell you that I still have that message on my answering machine? I can't seem to bring myself to erase it. It is such a ministry to me and I had to write to tell you thank you.

I had the opportunity to take your [Moving On After Moving In study] when I relocated from New Mexico to Oklahoma about 4 years ago. I have since moved again from Oklahoma to California and sincerely missed this class!! All this to say that your online community and newsletters have sure been a blessing to me. Now that I have made two major moves in less than 4 years I have had such a feeling of loss, uprootedness, worry, and unsettledness that it has been overwhelming to say the least.

One of the hardest things to find when you move is a church home as well as a ladies' Bible study. California is such a different mission field than Oklahoma and it has been much more difficult here making friends, finding a good Bible study and women who are like minded and share my faith. Will you pray with me that I will find these things? My children have also had a hard time adjusting to this move. Will you pray for them to find Godly friends as well?

Thank you again for all you do and the ministry you supply to countless numbers of women who need to know they haven't fallen off the face of the earth. God Bless you!

Sincerely,

Christy in California

No comments:

Post a Comment