Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Monthly Devotional- Feb. 2011

Take care of your marriage

Don't overlook how moving can affect your marriage. For many women, the changes and adjustments that come with relocating bring their marriage relationship closer; for others, it's just another brick in the wall between them. Be mindful that your marriage needs time, attention, and communication to stay strong through all the changes that take place after a move.

Sometimes, you can become so distracted with taking care of the details of home and children, that you don't take the time to take care of the details of your marriage. Think of ways you can demonstrate an "observable love" to your husband. Write down the things you love and appreciate about him, then take the time to share these things with him.

Fall in love with this scripture: Ephesians 3:20-21 (God is able to do exceeding abundantly beyond all that we ask or think..." in our marriage!)

Scripture to Remember: For where you go, I will go, and where you lodge, I will lodge. Ruth 1:16

Question to Consider: Am I disconnected with my husband in the maze of moving?

Prayer: Oh Lord, reveal to me how this move has affected my marriage. Soften both our hearts toward each other. Draw us closer together during this time of transition. Amen

Thought for the Day: Today, I will communicate my love for my husband. I will set aside time for just him, and give him my full attention.

- Susan Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment