Saturday, February 5, 2011

Heart Notes from Susan Miller

Dear Moving Friends,

I am an incurable romantic! Being in love with Bill for 45 years set the stage of my heart for corny cards, mushy words, and anything with hearts imprinted on it. "How do I love thee, let me count the ways..." was always my leading line to an endless list of the reasons I loved him. When life and schedules got too busy for "us", I would put my arms around him and say, "Have I told you lately that I love you?" which always seemed to put "us" back into perspective.

Knowing and loving Jesus goes back far beyond 45 years. It was when I gave my heart to Him, that I began to grasp what real love is, and how to really love Bill for all those years. My relationship with Jesus set the stage, of not just my heart, but my life. I learned from His unconditional love for me, what unconditional love looks like in a marriage when times were tough. I learned about His grace in my undeserving life, and how to give grace to Bill when I thought he didn't deserve it. I learned how to forgive the hurts, and unmet expectations in my marriage, when Jesus kept forgiving me over and over and over again for all the stupid, hurtful things I did.


Whether you are married, or single, young, or old, you can live out Valentine's Day all year long. Start now by telling your husband, your children, or your friends, how much you love them - verbally, written, or with a simple act of kindness. Sprinkle lots of grace into their lives. Forgive, and forgive, and then forgive again. Oh, and by the way, if you haven't given your heart to Jesus, now is the perfect time to begin a relationship with the One who loves you the most!




From My Heart to Yours,

Susan Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment