Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Sept. Devotional

Putting down roots…
Moving is an uprooting and unsettling time in your life. You long to feel rooted and grounded, and yet you’ve just begun to break new ground in a new place. You are probably even experiencing the normal shock of adjustment from being transplanted. It’s never easy to start all over again, but with God’s help, you can do it. God wants you to “grow” in your relationship with Him, and with that growth, begin to bloom, as you put down deep roots in the soil of His love. You will need the garden tools of God’s word from the Bible, involvement in a bible study group, Christian friends, and a church home to cultivate a rich foundation. Then, plant seeds of trust and faith in your “master gardener” and begin to bloom!
Scripture to remember: May your roots go down deep into the soil of God’s marvelous love. Ephesians 3:17 TLB
Question to consider: Am I watering my woes, or fertilizing my faith?
Prayer: Oh Lord, I want to grow deep roots in my relationship with you as I break ground in this new place. Equip me with the garden tools I need to start over and become deeply rooted and grounded in you. Amen
Thought for the day: Today, I will plant seeds of trust and faith in my “master gardener” and begin to bloom!
-Susan Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment