Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Monthly Devotional- March 2010

Moving to a Place of Trust
Kim wrote me a letter to tell me the news. Her husband was with a large company and they were being transferred to another country. She had never moved out of the city limits and now she was moving halfway around the world. Kim was excited about the opportunity, but anxious about all the unknowns that faced her family. She was leaving a job she loved, her extended family, and a town where everybody knew her name.
As Kim described her feelings of sadness about leaving so much behind, I noticed how she kept coming back to the word trust. “I trust God in all of this,” she wrote, “I’m anxious about the housing there, the kids’ school, the language barrier—but, I trust God to work out the details. He’s been faithful to us in the past, so I trust Him for our future.”
I couldn’t help but sense her calm spirit and inner strength through her words on each page. I knew, even with the adjustments ahead, she would be okay. She had already chosen to move to a place of trust in God. “Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God,” said Corrie ten Boom.
How about you? Are you afraid to trust your unknown future to God? At a time when everything around you is changing, put your trust in an unchanging God who will not fail you or leave you, and who even prepares a place for you. “In God I have put my trust; I shall not be afraid.” Psalm 56:4
(Exerpt from But Mom, I Don’t Want to Move! By Susan Miller, a Focus on the Family Book)
Scripture to Remember: But as for me, I trust in You, O Lord…My times are in Your hand.” Psalm 31:14-15
Question to Consider: Have I moved to a place of trust with my circumstances?
Prayer: Lord, I feel so worried and anxious! Help me to release my fear of the unknown and trust you each day for what lies ahead. Give me a calm spirit and an inner peace. Amen
Thought for the Day: Today, I will choose to trust God in ALL things!
-Susan Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment