Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Susan's Heart Talk- Feb. 2010

I feel like I’ve been right by your side as you’ve dealt with the impact of relocating from one place to another, faced the task of physically moving, and felt the wave of emotions that comes with being uprooted and having to start all over again. With fourteen moves etched on my belt, I know that conquering the challenges of moving is not always easy. Major change and transition in our lives can often leave us physically worn-out, emotionally spent, and spiritually dry.
I know why I still have such a passion for Just Moved! Ministries after all these years. We pick up where the moving van drops off. Just Moved! encourages and equips women in countless ways to find rest in Jesus, to be emotionally replenished, and to become spiritually nourished.
Sitting on my desk is a framed scripture, handwritten in 1989, by a beloved friend who has been one of my greatest encouragers before and after the inception of Just Moved! Ministries.
“I want to suggest that you finish what you started to do a year ago, for you were not only the first to propose this idea, but the first to begin doing something about it. Having started the ball rolling so enthusiastically, you should carry this project through to completion just as gladly, giving whatever you can out of whatever you have. Let your enthusiastic idea at the start be equaled by your realistic action now.” 2 Corinthians 8: 10-11 (The Living Bible)
This scripture was the springboard for a dream to become a reality. Oh how amazing and awesome is our God. This year, we celebrate fifteen years of His faithfulness to this ministry. To God be the glory, great things He has done!
From My Heart to Yours,

No comments:

Post a Comment