Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Monthly Devotional- Feb 2010

Keep the bonds of love alive...
Writing love notes is one of the best ways to show you love and care for your spouse. It may seem silly to write a note to someone you see every day, but this kind of romantic gesture helps keep the bonds of love alive. Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to rekindle the flame in your marriage!
Jesus wrote us love letters throughout scripture. His words encourage our hearts, remind us of His great love for us, and reveals how much He cares about the details of our lives. Jesus shows us through His word how we can demonstrate an “observable love” to others. Couldn’t we do the same for the one we love?
Here are a few ideas to get you started that can warm your spouse’s heart and communicate your love in creative ways: (Never underestimate the power of a post note!)
  • Stick a note in his briefcase telling him you are thinking of him and praying for him today.
  • Write across the bathroom mirror, “I love you!”
  • Send an email message that says, “I can’t wait for you to come home!” or “I can’t wait until we’re together again!”
  • Buy a romantic card (not just on Valentine’s Day), and write all the reasons you fell in love with him. Put it on top of his pillow, or mail it to his office.
Whether you are writing love notes, or communicating your love in other observable ways, you are making your spouse feel cared for and loved---just as Jesus does for you, every day!
Scripture to Remember: “Therefore encourage one another, and build up one another, just as you also are doing. “ 1 Thessalonians 5:11
Question to Consider: How can I demonstrate an “observable love” to my spouse today?
Prayer: Lord, help me to love my spouse, as you love me. Help me to show my love through my words and actions.
Thought for the Day: Today I will speak or write words that edify and exalt my spouse.
-Susan Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment