Thursday, July 16, 2009

From Our Mailbox July 2009


Unemployed...moving...and trusting...
Thank you very much for the voice mail last night. I think you guys are great to be concerned about women all over the U.S. in our moving struggles. That really meant a lot!!

I have been a Christian for 35 years and moved out of state five times in 29 years of marriage. But two times in the past three years.... This was the hardest six months. My husband and I both lost jobs and moved to find work. I was devastated and hated leaving our adult children behind. This move caused major depression. No job, no friends, and no family; just trusting God for daily provision.

The [Moving On] class started in January and slowly I began not being angry or crying constantly. God took me through the journey of unemployment for one year, gently reminding me He was in control...so trust!! I have also made wonderful friends in this class and we even meet every Wednesday since it is over.

I would encourage any Christian going through the "Closet illness of Moving" to join this group. God uses all resources, including moving, to have us draw closer to Him.
-Bona in North Carolina

(JM – Bona, I am so glad that you found encouragement and friendship in a ‘Moving On’ class. Keep trusting God to be doing something beautiful in your lives through this challenging time.)

Wow God, you really know what I need...
I thank you so much for taking out the time to call and send me an email. It made me feel like someone actually cares about the transition I am about to embark on. All year I have prayed that we will stay home and have been pretty much selfish about the moving thing even, angry at times. But, I decided to seek God about the matter and, after all my kicking and screaming, I am at peace that we must move in order to keep the family together and not spend anymore time apart.

Driving home from work one day, I heard about [Just Moved!] on a broadcast called Family Life Today. I was so surprised to hear that there was such a ministry. I thought, wow God you really know what I need. It has been a month or two since that drive home and recently I decided to check out the website. The website was great and so encouraging. I thought it wouldn't hurt to join [the Just Moved! Community], so I did. I am so glad I did and I look forward to the things to come as I transition to a new location.
- Marnya in Virginia

(JM – I’m so glad you’re a part of the JM Community and that we can encourage you as you face this big move, Marnya. It is a privilege to pray for you and your family. Lean on the Lord during this stressful time and He will give you strength and a bright future!)

Thanks for the website...
It is wonderful to see that there is site such as this for those who have moved. I just completed my 10th major move in 30 years! This one happened in less than 6 weeks time of learning it would happen! It has been a wonderful experience as we have truly sensed God's direction!
- Brenda

(JM – Glad you found us on the web, Brenda. May God bless you in this move as you follow His direction.)

No comments:

Post a Comment