Thursday, April 23, 2009

April Devotional- Bloom Wherever God Plants You!


"Many of us refuse to grow where we are put; consequently, we take root nowhere." - Oswald Chambers

We often "water our woes" instead of "fertilize our faith" when we can't see the big picture, or we can't see instant results during a time of change and transition. We choose not to put down roots in a new place, because we fear change will come again, all too soon. When our world turns upside down, it's not always clear what God is doing, or why He is doing it, so we distance ourselves from a relationship with Him and with others. We don't realize that God often works on a deeper level in our life that we can't see or understand.

Many times God will transplant us through a move, or a change in our lives, for us to grow deep roots in our relationship with Him. It is in the confusion and chaos of change that God teaches us about His faithfulness. It is through being uprooted and transplanted that we come to know Him and trust Him like never before. Once our roots grow deep in the soil of God's love, we begin to grow from within, seeds of hope begin to emerge, and then peace and contentment begin to break through the surface of our hearts. It is knowing God's faithfulness, trusting in Him, having hope, peace, and contentment, that we can begin to "bloom" again!

Scripture to Remember: I ask Him to strengthen you by His Spirit...that Christ will live in you as you open the door and invite Him in. And I ask Him that with both feet planted firmly on love, you'll be able to take in with all Christians the extravagant dimensions of Christ's love. Reach out and experience the breadth! Test its length! Plumb the depths! Rise to the heights! Live full lives, full in the fullness of God. Ephesians 3:16-19 The Message

His mercies are new every morning, great is His faithfulness! Lamentations 3:21-23

"And the Lord will continually guide you, and satisfy your desire in scorched places, and give strength to your bones; And you will be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water whose waters do not fail." Isaiah 58:11

Question to Consider: Have I been "watering my woes" or "fertilizing my faith?"

Prayer: Oh Lord, I want to be able to bloom wherever you plant me! Nurture my soul, renew my faith and trust in you, till the soil of my hardened heart so that I might receive the planting of your seed and then grow!

Thought for the Day: Today I will begin to grow deep roots in God's love by digging into scripture and allowing His word to fertilize my faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment