Friday, March 18, 2011

March Devotional

Moved but not shaken...

When the strong winds come in March, it usually leaves everything in my yard in disarray. Patio chairs and flower pots blow over, branches fall, and leaves scatter. It looks like the whole yard has been turned upside down and everything has been shaken loose from its foundation.

For those of you moving through the "winds of change" in your life, you might feel like the very foundation of your world is shaken. Just like the wind is beyond our control, so are many of the circumstances that blow into our lives. From a traumatic job loss, home foreclosure, or unwanted move; a devastating divorce, or being a self-supporting single mom; a debilitating illness, or the painful death of a loved one; being an empty-nester, or a caregiver to aging parents---change can leave our life turned upside down and often brings unexpected chaos to our world. Nothing seems the same around us and we don't know where to begin to start putting the pieces back together again.

When we are moving through change, remember that our God is unchangeable. (Malachi 3:6) When the winds and the storms of life hit us, we must stand strong on the solid rock of Jesus Christ and His promises; then our foundation will not be shaken-regardless of our circumstances! He only is my rock and my salvation, My stronghold; I shall not be greatly shaken. Psalm 62:2

Scripture to Remember:

Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine, and acts upon them, may be compared to a wise man, who built his house upon the rock. And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and burst against the house; and yet it did not fall, for it had been founded upon the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Question to Consider:

What are the winds of change that have shaken up your world?

Prayer:

Oh Lord, I am going through major changes right now, and my world has turned upside down. I run to you, my rock! Protect me, calm me, and let me rest in the shelter of your arms. Give me the strength of your Word to get through this. Amen

Thought for the Day:

Today, I will cling to your Word.

- Susan Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment