Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Heart Talk March 2011


My dear friends,

My granddaughter, Savannah, who is eight, has always ruled the roost with her three brothers, who are nine, six, and five. She keeps them in line - from reminding them of their table manners, to keeping their rooms picked-up. I get a kick out of listening to her talk to them when she is in her "mothering mode," and I already see in her so many nurturing qualities of her mother at this young age.

I went over to their house last week and entered through the door that leads to the garage. It's the door we all use for coming and going instead of the front door, probably much like your house too. When I was ready to leave, I walked towards the garage and saw the neatly printed, large sign in Savannah's handwriting taped to the door at eye level. There was no way anyone on their way out could miss reading the words that said:

Got your lunch?

Got your jacket?

Got your homework?

I couldn't help but laugh as I realized these words were a reminder for her three brothers as they left for school each morning! Obviously, Savannah had heard her mother ask these questions every day as all four of them scurried off to school after the typical morning chaos of getting ready.

As I was driving home, I couldn't help but think how I needed to post on my door a little check-list reminder of things not to forget as I leave each day. It would read like this:

Got kindness?

Got right attitude?

Got joy?

If I choose to be kind in my actions and words during the day, susan millerit will encourage those I come in contact with. If I choose a positive attitude, it will be contagious for others. If I choose joy in the midst of my circumstances, it will be a testimony of my faith and trust in Christ.

I think I'll add a few more. Wow! I could paper the whole door with post-it notes!

What would your checklist say?

From My Heart to Yours,

Susan Miller


No comments:

Post a Comment