Wednesday, December 15, 2010

December Devotional

Will you trust?

An angel ushered Zacharias and Mary in to a miraculous story of mystery and wonder far beyond the scope of their individual lives. Zacharias would be the father of John the Baptist and Mary the mother of Jesus. Zacharias needed to know the certainty of events yet to come; Mary received this sudden change in her life in faith and trust.

Scripture to Remember:

"And Zacharias said to the angel, ‘How shall I know this for certain?'" Luke 1:18

"And Mary said, ‘Behold, ...be it done to me according to your word.'" Luke 1:38

Question to Consider:

Has your life been redirected in an unexpected and, perhaps, unwanted way? God is asking you to trust Him as He invites you into a life of mystery and wonder. He is using your circumstances to not only shape your mind, heart, and spirit, but to affect your family and community - perhaps even the world. Will you choose to believe this - with faith and trust?

Prayer:

Lord, I trust you with my circumstances and my future. I choose to believe that you are doing something wonderful through them and I say ‘be it done to me according to your word.'

Thought for the day:

Today I will wear my watch or bracelet on the opposite wrist. Each time I take notice of it I will say aloud or silently to myself, "I choose to trust God with my circumstances."

-Ann Kelley

No comments:

Post a Comment