Monday, September 12, 2011

Devotional-Sept. 2011

A firm foundation when your world has been shaken

When hurricane Irene hit the coast and continued on its rampage, nothing was sacred. The winds and the floods came to uproot lives, homes, yards and trees. That's what hurricanes do so well. They change the landscape of our lives, our cities, and our small towns. They shake our foundation and leave behind a pathway of destruction. People desperately seek the safety and protection of shelter through someone's provision and kindness.

There are times when you experience your own personal hurricane. The winds of change uproot your life, leaving little hope for what tomorrow will bring. You feel vulnerable and alone, desperately wanting someone to understand and to care.

God is your firm foundation when your world has been shaken. He is your shelter, your refuge, and your protection in the storms of life. His arm is out-stretched; His hand is open-waiting to give you a safe place in His arms.

Scripture to Remember:
"Thou has been my stronghold, and a refuge in the day of my distress." Psalm 59:16

"He only is my rock and my salvation, my stronghold; I shall not be greatly shaken." Psalm 62:2

"I would hasten to my place of refuge from the stormy wind...." Psalm 55:8

Question to Consider:
When my life is uprooted with the winds of change, what will I do?

Prayer:
Oh Lord, "Lead me to the rock that is higher than I." Psalm 61:2

Thought for the Day:
I will run to Him before the storm hits!

No comments:

Post a Comment